Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tailgating

     There is an entire part of baseball (most sports for that matter) that is separate from the game it self; tailgating.  Tailgating consists of BBQ, drinks, and friends all gathered in the stadium parking lot.  It is a way for fans to prepare for the upcoming game, and a chance to get nice and buzzed before you have to spend $8 on a beer inside the stadium.  But tailgating is more than just standing around in a parking lot chugging beer bong after beer bong.  It takes preparation...










So here are some simple things that you need to have a successful tailgate party...


  • Find a good spot in the parking lot.  Make sure that everyone in your group knows where the general meeting area is otherwise, you might never find each other.
  • Bring a grill and plenty of food to cook.  I would recommend going with the most essential food of baseball, the hot dog.  
  • Bring plenty of beverages as you will be out in the sun on acres of hot asphalt, and you will get thirsty.  I would recommend beer, it quenches your thirst and it's made with water so you will stay hydrated.  And just in case it gets cold, I also bring plenty of whiskey which will help keep you warm.  
     Now, the only thing left for you to do is eat and drink and hangout with friends.  Talk about the upcoming game, or your favorite player, or just stand in a circle and shotgun beers.  The choice is yours.  But, make sure that you have a flask to fill up with the left over whiskey that you can sneak into the game.  I would suggest you hide it somewhere the security will not check, any more details would ruin the integrity of this family oriented blog.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. I do agree with the financial and social importance of tailgating before a game. I never really been to one but sure sounds fun. I would recommend chairs somewhere to sit and chill. Great advice on the whole drinking.

    ReplyDelete